parkrun organises free, weekly, 5km timed events around Australia and the world. They are open to everyone; you can run walk or jog. Many of the events take place in pleasant parklands and are all safe and easy to participate in. They encourage people of every ability to take part; from walkers or those taking their first steps in running to Olympians; from juniors to those with more experience. The events are extremely welcoming and are run entirely by volunteers.
Using their events page, select the location you're most interested in to view information about the course and start times, scroll through previous results and look up information about volunteering. If you’re interested in participating in an existing parkrun event, or you fancy starting an event where you live, click on the button below to find out more.
RunNation Film Festival: parkrun edition
The RunNation Film Festival (RNFF) showcases the very best running films that will leave your heart pounding and your mind mesmerised. The 2018 collection focuses on human-interest stories that use running as their medium of storytelling. Our tour currently includes 20+ locations across Australia and the world but we want to spread the inspiration even further and to as many regional parkrun locations as possible.
A unique partnership with parkrun Australia will see an exclusive RunNation Film Festival: parkrun edition being shown across regional towns and cities. It will be a collection of the best of our 2018 films and a few from our past three years of tour. The stories are designed to educate, inspire and motivate you and your community; the bond between you and your community will be even stronger after hosting this event.
WANT TO HOST YOUR OWN parkrun edition SHOW?
Team RNFF want to share their running inspiration stories with as many people as possible and it is only through strong community engagement and support from local parkrun event directors that we can realise this vision. The RNFF: parkrun edition is designed to educate, inspire and motivate wider communities to keep running (or to start!) and to have fun doing it.
Frequently asked Questions
What venue size is best?
- A space which accommodates 20 to 40 people would be ideal. But don’t let that restrict you. If you think you can sell more tickets than that, go big!
What equipment will we need?
- You’ll need: a projector (at least 3k), a screen (which caters for your audience size), good sound capabilities and a DVD/Blu-ray player.
Can we get local partners involved to help advertise?
- If a local business e.g. a yoga studio or dedicated running store allows you to use their premises to host the screening, then that's okay. However, direct advertising which results in a financial exchange (i.e. fee-for-promotion) is not permissible. If you are unsure, please contact us directly.
What materials will you supply?
- We’ll supply: a digital, customised poster file (for e.g. your facebook event), a simple marketing plan, high resolution images, a trailer and logos.
- We’ll also include the details of your screening on the RNFF website.
Can we select the films to be shown?
- Unfortunately, no. This is because we want to ensure a consistent experience across the RNFF: parkrun edition tour.
How much should we charge for the tickets?
- Adults: $12
- Concessions/youth: $10
- Family (two adults and two youths): $38
Can we use this as a fundraising opportunity for a charity?
- Sadly, no.
During what period can we host the screenings?
- Anytime between 1 October 2018 and 30 November 2018.
If things go wrong, what support will we get?
- As part of your welcome pack to the RNFF: parkrun edition, you'll receive phone numbers dedicated to ticketing and technical support. These can be accessed from 1 September 2018 to 30 November 2018, 9am to 5pm (AEST) Monday to Friday and also, out of hours (5pm to 9pm).